Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Husband and wife divorce. The state takes the child from the mother because of drug usage and gives the child to the husband's mother. The husband, at the time, could not care for the child, but now he has a home and good life and want the son. Can he take the son back from his mother?

Asked on 6/17/22, 5:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Presumably there is a court order that gave conservatorship to her. The best thing to do is for both husband and his mother to file to modify or terminate the prior order to give conservatorship to husband. If CPS is involved, and I assume it is, it may be willing to file on their behalf.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/22, 8:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas