Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

Hi, I am on 2 yrs marriage based conditional green card. It will expire on next july. Unfortunately I am divorced. How can I maintain my status and live here permanently?

Asked on 8/17/11, 3:38 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Attorney Caro Kinsella Law Offices of Caro Kinsella

Self petition using the I-751 as a waiver

Read more
Answered on 8/17/11, 3:42 pm
Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.

You can self-petition now as you are already divorced. It is important to show that the marriage was a bona fide marriage when it was entered into, but as indicated you can self-petition to remove the conditions on your residence based on a divorce. There can be any reason for the divorce; a show of abuse is not required.

You can call our law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email [email protected] for guidance.

Read more
Answered on 8/17/11, 5:05 pm
Isaul Verdin VERDIN

My colleagues are correct, you need to file an I-751 waiver.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/11, 4:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas