Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Texas

my attorney messed up on my divorce settlement. my ex got the house and i was entitled to his retirement penison. but when i contacted the qdro attorney, he said that it was handled improperly which messed me up and suggested that i contact a malpractice attorney. he said that my attorney had experience and should not have signed off on it.

Asked on 11/16/11, 10:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Before you sue anybody for malpractice, consult an attorney and see if the damage (the bad divorce decree) can be undone somehow. After the time limits for appeals have been exhausted, there can (under certain circumstances) be other remedies - an equitable bill of review, for instance.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/11, 5:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Texas