Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

I have reached my MMI after 2 years. I sustained 3 injuries, triple hernia, lower back L4, L5 & L6 & an injury related tumor in my arm. They are willing to pay my medical bills but only gave me an impairment rating of 16%. I am not sure how high the impairment rating chart is but I feel if it was to reach 100%, then 16% is way to low. I want to ask for a settlement but not sure if that is possible. Also I feel that my employer should still be held responsible. I was in 2 accidents. The first accident I was threatned that if I reported it I would be fired & they sent me back out of town where my 2nd accident occured & only then would the allow me to report my 2nd injury not my first one. What should I do? I feel that I am being taken.

Asked on 12/17/12, 7:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Unfortunately you apparently do not have a lawyer..but now that your 2 years are up, any right to sue your employer is lost...but all you could have sued for was discrimination for making a work comp claim..nothing more. You could call DWC and ask for ombudsman to see if the 16% IR is valid and what to do for supplemental benefits...IMHO you will not find a lawyer to handle these is just too late. If u are and have been unable to may be entitled to call them..or call us

Read more
Answered on 12/17/12, 7:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas