Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

workers comp

I hurt my neck and back at work, there is pain,numbness and some tingling radiating down my right arm and right leg. The doctor says it's neck strain and lumbar strain. This happened 5-29-07....I am suppose to retire on the 31 of July...the meds confuse my head and i am lost in space, do I need a lawyer? thanks

Asked on 7/12/07, 11:36 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Bruce Dunham Law Offices of Bruce Dunham

Re: workers comp

Based on my experience (15+ years concentrating in workers' compensation law) I believe the great majority of workers with substantial injuries will recover considerably more benefits (medical and income) in their workers' compensation claim if they're represented by a good attorney. Regarding whether you need a lawyer, your pending retirement is an issue you should consult an attorney about, because it can affect your continuing or potential future entitlement to temporary income benefits. I would urge you to call an attorney and discuss the facts of your claim in detail. Almost all attorneys will offer a free case evaluation.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/07, 10:05 am
Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Re: workers comp

The best way to know if you need a lawyer is to contact one...have you lost work because of your injury? are you on work comp?..retirement has little to do with wc unless the policy of your company states it does..

Read more
Answered on 7/13/07, 9:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas