Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Utah

What can be done?

My husband recently found out that a paper he wrote at Brigham Young University a few years ago is for sale by some company on the internet. It's being sold for about $50 and from what we can tell has been sold to several people. Should we sue? What would be the best way to go about this?


PS - we also found several other papers by BYU students for sale on this website, but we haven't contacted the website because we don't want them to just take all the papers off, because then we won't have proof of anything.

Asked on 8/19/07, 3:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

Re: What can be done?

Assuming your husband retained a copyright, he can sue the sellers for an injunction to prevent further sales and for money damages for the sales made.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/07, 1:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Utah