Legal Question in Business Law in Virginia

I am required in my state as a sole proprietorship to file for a fictitious name. It also says I have to pay a zoning fee for my physical location and get permission from my landlord, but I don't have a physical business because it is an online business. Do I still have to pay a zoning fee?

Asked on 8/30/19, 11:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathon Moseley Jonathon A. Moseley

If you do not meet with clients at your physical location, you should not require zoning or your landlord's permission.

Some Counties will have a simplified form for home businesses, with maybe a $25 fee. If you merely work from home and don't meet with clients in your home, you really don't need to do anything. But if you fill out their home busienss form it will prove that you are in compliance.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/19, 4:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Virginia