Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Virginia

me and my boyfriend got into a fight by him starting off spitting water in my face i was sitting on the ground and threw his phone not hard at all and causing no real damage to his phone he then takes mine and repeatedly throws it against a wall and breaks mine and refuses to pay for it. can i take this to court even though i threw his first?

Asked on 3/16/17, 2:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, you should be able to sue him in small claims court for the

monetary damage done to your phone which he can contest if he disagrees

with your assertion of this claim.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/17, 8:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Virginia