Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

How to file grounds of defense for day care charges that i dont believe my daughter attened those days in which i am being charged. The bill of particulars provided to me does not show any attendance documents. It only show charges

Asked on 1/11/18, 12:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

You will need to provide evidence as part of your Grounds of Defense regarding these daycare charges which you believe to be invalid or inaccurate,

And to obtain this evidence you could go to the clerk's office (civil division) of the court which is handling this matter and fill out the paperwork there necessary for the court to issue what's called a Subpoena Duces Tecum to request that the plaintiff be required to provide you with the specific days when this particular daycare was supposedly provided to your daughter and which you have reason to suspect as inaccurate or,perhaps, utterly mistaken, (i.e. didn't happen at all) and for which you've been wrongly billed (This subpoena should show each charge,the date of the charge, and the amount of daycare time that was allegedly provided to your daughter.)

Office Tel. (703) 838-5577

Read more
Answered on 1/11/18, 1:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia