Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I am receiving spousal support in married name. I want to change my name back to maiden name. Will there be any legal issues with my spousal support payments? Thank you Miriam

Asked on 4/03/19, 9:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, as long as your payor is appropriately notified of the change to your maiden name so that he can

effect this change to his instruments which he uses to make these particular payments to you.

Office Tel. (703) 340-1655

Read more
Answered on 4/06/19, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia