Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I am wishing to emancipate in Virginia. I am 17, have a criminal record (its cleared now), and have the means to support myself but only if I could live in another place. My family refuses to let me go and I don't want a social services investigation. How should I emancipate?

Asked on 11/28/13, 6:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

At age 17, I would recommend that you allow the whirling Earth in its rapid

course around the Sun to emancipate you in due course rather than attempt

to achieve it prematurely with your dubious record by way of the legal protocols of mere men.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/13, 1:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia