Legal Question in Immigration Law in Washington

my son born in london which he has my girlfriend (now wife) last name. how to can change his name and apply I-130 for both? Both are here on visitor visa.

Asked on 4/26/15, 10:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Eichorn Hammond Law Group

Filing for both is very routine for our office. We've done hundreds of these cases. You're not going to want to file just an I-130 for them. Since you are a U.S. citizen, you can file to adjust your wife's status. Your son has a claim to U.S. citizenship either immediately or within a year or so (after filing to AoS). A bit more info is needed on where and when he was born and the nature of how he entered the U.S. and the nature of the relationship between you and your wife at the time he was born. Feel free to reach out to us. We represent people nationwide in cases just like this.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/15, 9:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Washington