Legal Question in Traffic Law in Washington

i did not see stop sign and hit a coming car at the crossroad, it was not serious. The police came and said I was going to receive a ticket for running stop sign but he did not let me sign anything nor give me a ticket on the spot. Am I receiving a ticket anyways? If I am can I get my ticket dismissed/keep my driving record clean by going to mitigation hearing? Is there anyway I can get out of this and keep my record clean? Thank you!

Asked on 9/16/15, 1:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

Some jurisdictions do mail the ticket later. I would check with the local court, if you don't get anything in the mail, to see if a ticket has been filed.

If there is one, I would talk to a local lawyer who handles infractions. You may be able to get the ticket dismissed outright, and keep it off your driving record. A mitigation hearing will not accomplish that, mitigation does result in the infraction appearing on your driving record.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/15, 2:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Washington