Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

My grandfather setup a savings account in my name and his name with the stipulation that I could not touch the money til I was.18. my grandfather passed away a few years ago. I just turned 18 and when I went to the credit union to see about the money I was told that my uncle, the executer of my grandfather's estate, had closed the account and took the money. Do I have any way of getting that money that I know was intended for me.

Asked on 7/27/17, 5:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

Exactly how the account was set up by your grandfather will determine if your uncle acted properly. You should ask the bank for a copy of the account agreement. If you don't understand it, take it to a lawyer. Did your grandfather write down his wishes as to the account? That may also be helpful.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/17, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington