Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

If a woman who is married dies in the state of washington how does her death get reported to the state and when does her estate, if intestated, go through the probate process? Does the spouse of the deceased woman get all the property, cash, belongings, etc. automatically if there is no will? What if the woman's death is not reported to the state and therefore her estate is just being spent by the widowed spouse even if there may be a will that is lost and the adult children are the possible beneficiaries of her estate?

Asked on 8/26/17, 7:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

A lot of the application of law depends on specific facts.

Anybody can read the laws as written, but it takes experience and judgment to know which law applies to specific facts.

The series of questions you ask require specific context for even the most experienced lawyer to answer properly.

Facts have to be placed in context, or there may be many possibly correct answers.

The only what to get reasonable certainty for the many answers you seek is hire a lawyer, provide him or her with all of the facts and circumstances.

Good luck,


Read more
Answered on 8/27/17, 10:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington