Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Wisconsin

Satisfying delinquent car loan

My stepson's estranged wife didn't keep up payments and insurance on their car. We took the car to sell it but the loan & title is in both names & she won't sign. Divorce proceedings aren't until mid-June and he would like to sell it ASAP and pay down the loan balance. Other than letting it get repossessed, is there anything we can do?

Asked on 5/06/03, 8:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Mahoney Cassiani Law Office, Wise Shepherd Law Office

Re: Satisfying delinquent car loan


The only other thing I can think of is going to court and asking to have to car sold. It may or may not be granted and and may or may not be a good idea. I dont have enough facts to say for sure, but think about how much money you will get if that is done. You cant sell without court approval while divorce is pending. Good luck, Mark J. Mahoney

Read more
Answered on 5/07/03, 9:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Wisconsin