Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

my mother passed away in march, she was married but seperated not legally. My dads name was on her estate and bank account. But she had no will. She has telephone shares that are only in her name and the court house said that we have to go to probate. how does this process work? I am trying to get her advance directives that she had put me in charge of her medical decisions, I am not sure what to do. Should I go through the informal administration process? and be in charge of her estate how do I do this process?

Asked on 10/27/15, 10:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Probate is a slow and confusing process, so you will probably need a lawyer. Even informal proceedings are no picnic. If the estate is small, there are summary assignment procedures, but even these can be tricky and paper heavy.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else's, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others. Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at. View over fifteen years of past answers at . See 15 years of past answers at Answers may contain attorney advertising materials.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/15, 3:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin