Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

what are the relevant provisions of CrPc in case of an arrest of a minor for the possession of narcotic drugs. and what is the remedy available to him if he has been illegaly kept in police lock up for 6 months.

Asked on 8/09/13, 6:52 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No one can be kept in a police lock up for six months. You may file an application before the Magistrate or a Habeas Corpus petition before the High Court for release from illegal custody.

Read more
8/09/13, 5:48 pm
Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Matters concerning Minor or Juvenile are governed mainly by Juvenile Justice Act.

For illegal arrest, custody etc., one may take appropriate civil and criminal actions.

Read more
8/10/13, 12:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now