Legal Question in Family Law in India

My sister got married in July 2011 following all the rituals of Hindu Marriage but marriage registration is not done and since then she has suffered mental and physical harassment by her they are threatening to desolate my sister and her husband is planing to do second marriage.They are saying that we cannot do anything as we do not have any marriage certificate.We have entire video recording and photographs of the marriage ceremony.

My concerns are :

1. Can we go to court and demand rights for my sister?

2. How can we legally proceed ?

3. As marriage registration is not done.Does that mean we cannot do anything? We have entire video recording and photographs of the marriage ceremony.

Asked on 5/23/13, 9:14 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

you can file police complaint u/s 498a and 406. better to engage any expert lawyer,

husband and his family members will come to you with folding hands to settle the issue.

Marriage is not a joke, and such persons should be dealt with tight hands.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 9:31 pm

dear client registration of marriage is not necessary. marriage card, video and photographs will establish marriage in the court. file police complaint under sec 498-a for dowry harassment against her husband and his family members. she can also file domestic violence case for mental torture. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 5/23/13, 9:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India