we are a team of Assistant professors and UGC NET/JRF Qualified research scholars from India. Our team is voluntary (Friends group - Non legal)
I am one of the member of the team . I have some queries and need your suggestions . I am sorry that I am approaching you directly , But I am not getting help from anyone and I do not any lawyers background.
1.I as a member of the team, decided to start a print journal *(Biannual and special editions at regular interval)
2.I have obtained a ISSN for the Print journal title from National science center Delhi and in the name of the publisher my name has been mentioned .
3.I have decided to get the journal printed from print on demand (pothi.com)who will make it available for sale at his online store .
4.It would be a printed journal(NOT ONLINE) - printed by an online print on demand service known as pothi.com
5. There would be No subscription facility available for the journal . Interested persons would be instructed to buy the copy of the journal online from the print on demand website (Pothi.com). The online store is registered and has a TIN.
6. we are not charging the authors for publication and we will not sell or distribute the journal .
I wish to know
1.what more we need to do to get our print journal published ?
2. Is it mandatory for us to get an R.I.N as the journal would be printed ?
3.Is it mandatory for me to get registered to be a publisher of the aforesaid journal ?
I am in great need of help and I request you to kindly help me with your suggestions.
If it is possible kindly send me a copy of the Act associated with my queries .
waiting to hear from you.
1 Answer from Attorneys
1. You will need to get your Journal registered with the Indian Institute of Copyrights (IIC) and you should have a royalty agreement with the author(s) who regularly submit articles for publication.
2. YES, you will need to obtain a Registered Licence for printing the Journal.
3. YES, registration as a publisher is advisable and recommended.
Related Questions & Answers
Sir, can u please tell me about the power of attorney. my father declared my mother... Asked 10/02/13, 6:12 am in India Intellectual Property
Sir i reside in himachal pradesh....my grandfathers were four brother...my... Asked 10/01/13, 10:38 am in India Intellectual Property
Father have owned property they have two son and three daughter but father make a... Asked 9/28/13, 3:13 am in India Intellectual Property
My father has a property (house) and I want to get it transferred to my name and I... Asked 9/24/13, 10:05 am in India Intellectual Property
Hello respected sirs, My grandfather had got 250 cents of land from government for... Asked 9/21/13, 8:38 pm in India Intellectual Property