India  |  Intellectual Property

Respected Sir

we are a team of Assistant professors and UGC NET/JRF Qualified research scholars from India. Our team is voluntary (Friends group - Non legal)

I am one of the member of the team . I have some queries and need your suggestions . I am sorry that I am approaching you directly , But I am not getting help from anyone and I do not any lawyers background.

1.I as a member of the team, decided to start a print journal *(Biannual and special editions at regular interval)

2.I have obtained a ISSN for the Print journal title from National science center Delhi and in the name of the publisher my name has been mentioned .

3.I have decided to get the journal printed from print on demand (pothi.com)who will make it available for sale at his online store .

4.It would be a printed journal(NOT ONLINE) - printed by an online print on demand service known as pothi.com

5. There would be No subscription facility available for the journal . Interested persons would be instructed to buy the copy of the journal online from the print on demand website (Pothi.com). The online store is registered and has a TIN.

6. we are not charging the authors for publication and we will not sell or distribute the journal .

I wish to know

1.what more we need to do to get our print journal published ?

2. Is it mandatory for us to get an R.I.N as the journal would be printed ?

3.Is it mandatory for me to get registered to be a publisher of the aforesaid journal ?

I am in great need of help and I request you to kindly help me with your suggestions.

If it is possible kindly send me a copy of the Act associated with my queries .

waiting to hear from you.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely

Saurabh Chandra

Answered on: 10/07/13, 11:07 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

07.10.2013

Dear Saurabh,

1. You will need to get your Journal registered with the Indian Institute of Copyrights (IIC) and you should have a royalty agreement with the author(s) who regularly submit articles for publication.

2. YES, you will need to obtain a Registered Licence for printing the Journal.

3. YES, registration as a publisher is advisable and recommended.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52