Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

My father wants to evict me from his house and executed a 'Will' in favour of my Sister to transfer the house in her name. I and my father jointly constructed the house and I incurred substantial amount of money as construction expenses.

Please let me know what should I do in this circumstances?

Asked on 9/20/13, 10:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

Since the title of the house vests in your father's name, you have very little choice but to convince him to Will the house to you, with or without mentioning a condition in his Will, that you should pay a fair amount of consideration to your sister, for becoming the beneficiary of the house.


Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 10:48 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you may recover the amount spent on the construction by filing a suit for recovery.

Thanks and Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now