India  |  Workers Comp

My Father was working in Coal India ltd. He was not medically fit for past 4 (four) years, that is since July-09 and was passed away due to ill health on 06-09-13. He submit the medical certificates through post to the office address. He could not able to join the office for the said period. Even we got a call from an employee that he got promoted.

After his demise, When we contacted the people for compensation, they informed us that he was being terminated on 3 months ago (sometime in July-13)

I need to know is this termination lawful?

We are from poor family and my father was in ill health for long and due to this we spend so much of money by taking loans. We need our rightful compensation. What should we do about it. We have not even received the termination letter, they said they given notice in paper and sent termination letter by post but we did not received it since we were out for his medical treatment and they know it. Also I asked them if you can call to inform about promotion then why not for termination.

Please guide me for this case as how should i proceed and what are my rights?

This is an unanswered question.