Legal Question in Social Security Law in Alabama

social sucurity

If you owe a outstanding bill to the gas company. Can they deduct it from your social sucurity? My mother says they can. I say they can't.

Asked on 5/15/08, 9:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dennis Harmon Dennis Harmon
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: social sucurity

No. The gas company cannot garnish a federal social security check. However, if it gets a judgment against you in a court action, it can garnish your checking account where you deposit the check.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/08, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now