Alabama  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/05/08, 10:38 pm


I received a court appointed attorney in a 2001 misdemeanor case in which I took a plea. Aferwards, I learned that I must repay this attorney's fees and have been paying ever since. I have now become disabled and received SSD. I live on a fixed income and paying is hard to do now. My question is : Can I go to jail if I am unable to pay this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search