Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Arizona

If I owe on a credit card and it has been turned over to a collection service and they took it to court and wasd given a judgment against me can I file bankruptcy and not have to pay that back?

Asked on 11/01/12, 3:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Waters Frank T. Waters, Attorney at Law, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, the debt goes away in bankruptcy. The word "judgment" stays on your credit until you take specific steps to remove it, but you owe nothing. Also, garnishments, which are often the result of a judgment, stop as soon as you file BK.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/12, 4:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Arizona

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now