Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

Hi,

I am appointed Personal Representative of my Dad's estate pending the signing of a Stipulated Order. I have been to court twice, resulting in my Dad's most current Living Trust being recognized and entered into the court, and a discussion regarding a Stipulated Order. I now have a 15,000.00 bill with the attorney who accompanied me to court so can't really afford any more legal fees. My problem is a Stipulated Order my attorney wrote. I don't agree with the Stipulated Order and don't even know why it exists because it contains some things my Dad did not want. To move on with my PR duties I will sign it. The last I heard from the opposing parties attorney was 6 months ago. It was in an email. He stated his client was about ready to sign. I have spent the past 6 months trying many times to get in touch with that attorney, and he will not acknowledge me in any way. I found in Maricopa County's SS center a general motion form. Since I can't afford any additional legal fees I am trying to fill this out myself. Can you please tell me in the motion area of the forms do I just convey that I would like another hearing? Also do I state the reason why I need another hearing? Any advice would be much appreciated as I am at a loss. Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Answered on: 7/27/13, 1:32 pm by Donald Scher

I would recommend that you should not sign the stipulation if you do not agree with its provisions. If you have complaints about your lawyer, and I do not know what work was done to create a legal fee bill of $15,000, you should immediately file a complaint with the bar association. Without more information, direction for you is not possible.

Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C. 2200 E. Camelback Rd., #102 Phoenix, AZ 85255