Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/27/13, 1:23 pm


I am appointed Personal Representative of my Dad's estate pending the signing of a Stipulated Order. I have been to court twice, resulting in my Dad's most current Living Trust being recognized and entered into the court, and a discussion regarding a Stipulated Order. I now have a 15,000.00 bill with the attorney who accompanied me to court so can't really afford any more legal fees. My problem is a Stipulated Order my attorney wrote. I don't agree with the Stipulated Order and don't even know why it exists because it contains some things my Dad did not want. To move on with my PR duties I will sign it. The last I heard from the opposing parties attorney was 6 months ago. It was in an email. He stated his client was about ready to sign. I have spent the past 6 months trying many times to get in touch with that attorney, and he will not acknowledge me in any way. I found in Maricopa County's SS center a general motion form. Since I can't afford any additional legal fees I am trying to fill this out myself. Can you please tell me in the motion area of the forms do I just convey that I would like another hearing? Also do I state the reason why I need another hearing? Any advice would be much appreciated as I am at a loss. Thank you very much in advance for your time.

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/27/13, 1:32 pm by Donald Scher

I would recommend that you should not sign the stipulation if you do not agree with its provisions. If you have complaints about your lawyer, and I do not know what work was done to create a legal fee bill of $15,000, you should immediately file a complaint with the bar association. Without more information, direction for you is not possible.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C. 2200 E. Camelback Rd., #102 Phoenix, AZ 85255

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search