Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

My mother set up a living trust prior to her passing and the executor has moved all accounts out of Calif to P.A. and I live in Arizona with no funds to find her what can I do?

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.

If your mother put all of her assets and property into the trust, then the trustee is responsible to hold, manage and distribute the trust assets and income according to the provisions of the trust agreement. The trustee has a duty to notify you of your interest in the trust and what the provisions of the trust may be. I don't know which state's law is controlling on the trust, but you should contact the trustee and demand the information. If the trustee refuses, then an action in the probate court in the state where the trustee resides would be a good place to start, and/or you might bring an action in Federal court as an alternative, which you could do in Arizona.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona