California  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/18/12, 11:33 am

I have a judgment to an individual that had filed for chapter 7, and where granted a discharge. I had no idea of the filing. My lawyer obtained the paper work after the fact. My name is on the creditor list but not my address. My lawyer or myself never received a notice of filing. Court papers show that they’re where no funds available to pay any non secured dedts, which mine was. Is my judgment discharge or is this an illegal discharge?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search