California  |  Criminal Law

My landlord has stolen from me REPEATEDLY, including money-in SEVERAL instances, mail with sensitive info AND packages and the most recent is that he stole my new dog that I just adopted. I have made a report to the police in EVERY instance and even received a case number. I also reported him to the postal inspector for his FEDERAL crimes and received a case number. The man is a local in this small town and being FAVORED, while I am being discriminated against. WHO CAN I CALL ASIDE FROM THE POLICE FOR HELP? I NEED TO CREATE SOME REPERCUSSIONS FOR THEIR CLEAR MISCONDUCT. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GO OVER THE POLICE AND DO WHAT SHOULD BE DONE. HOW DO I MAKE A REPORT THAT IS NOT TO THE POLICE OR THE LOCAL CITY GOVERNMENT, THAT WILL RESULT IN ACTUALLY GETTING THE HELP I NEED?

Answered on: 6/09/13, 6:19 am by Kelvin Green

You cannot force the police to act. The larger question would be, do you have evidence of these misdeeds? It could be there is no evidence... If you have proof you can always file a civil suit...I suggest you see an attorney

The Law Office of Kelvin Green . California Bar #286285, CA ..

Answered on: 6/10/13, 4:38 pm by John Laurie

As the prior answer says you have no control over the police. But if you want you can sue. If it is a small amount you can go to small claims court, if it is larger an attorney may be interested if the defendant has assets to pay.

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356