California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/08/13, 5:29 am

Hi. I (very) recently submitted a question re: how to find a criminal attny for a delayed child abuse case. I just thought of a major problem however. I have no money to spare. What I earn I need every penny of for my son and house. Now I realize if I were suing my mother, and going after money, I might be able to find an attny that will work for a %age of the settlement. But I do NOT want to sue. I do not want money. I want to take her to criminal court in hopes of jail time. So are these prosecuting criminal lawyers very pricey?? I could sue for money but that's not what I want and I'm pretty sure the judge will just view this as a cash grab and make me look less credible. So I really prefer not to sue for money but that may be the only way I can afford a lawyer. Is there any way of getting a pro bono (or drastically reduced price) criminal attny? Could I even take her to court myself (I am NOT an attny) or do I legally need a lawyer? I just have no money to spend but this case is extremely important to me. I feel justice has to be served.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search