Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California

I have been harassed at work fir a while about my weight and my manager knows about it. I have filed a compliant. The person I filed a compliant against now filed one against me. Is there anything I can do? Other people at work have told me about what he is saying and I've heard it myself. I feel very uncomfortable.

Asked on 7/18/13, 11:05 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may be able to file a stress claim that is covered under worker's compensation if the harassment is unbearable. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 4:34 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your 'feelings' are up to you, but weight is not a protected category under the civil rights laws.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 1:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now