California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/14/13, 2:53 pm

I have accepted a job in San Francisco in Sept 2012. My wife and I have done all we can to to keep my wife in San Diego so that her son can continue to build a relationship with the father. It now has come time that this is no longer feasible. With us having multiple homes to pay and the father not paying any or partial of his child support payment. (we agreed to it to help him out as we have over the last 8 years, which only three times has he paid the full $350). Because of the financial responsibility and my much your children, we have decided to have them move up to S.F. We had proposed to cancel all future child support payments, half of airfare, and up to 182 vacation days which the son will be back in San Diego. The father says no. What can we do to better our chances to bring my wife's son with us. The son wants to be with his mom who is 11 yrs old, which may still be too young to decide.

Financially, my wife and I are in a better situation to provide a home. Father claims (reason for not paying support) is close to being evicted as they can't afford to pay their apt. Please provide guidance. Thanks.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search