Legal Question in Family Law in California

My son and his wife have had their parental rights to their 3 minor children terminated by the State of California, County of Placer. Said children have been in the custody of their maternal Aunt and Uncle, who now plan to adopt my grandchildren. As paternal grandmother, how can I protect my rights and place in their lives? I'm terrified of losing my grandchildren!

Asked on 9/13/13, 12:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has ruled that parents have priority over grandparents, etc. You could consult with a Family Law specialist in your ZIP code 95380 and arrange a FREE consultation. Make sure you get the first hour free.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 1:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now