Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I'm on H1B visa; can I found a company and hire myself as a CEO? If not, what are my alternatives?

Asked on 7/05/13, 10:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You cannot petition yourself for an H-1B visa. However, if you are a national of a qualifying country, you might want to explore the E-2 visa (treaty investor) as an alternative.

I suggest you contact an experienced immigration attorney for more details.

Read more
7/06/13, 12:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88177 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
David SlaterDavid P. Slater, Esq.Boca Raton, FL
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now