Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Hey there

I have some questions regarding visum status.

I have been an international student here in California for a while.

I have been planning my marriage to my American finace the last two months now and we are getting married in 3 weeks.

I got an email from my school that my I-20 status is terminated seeming I stopped going to school and I need to leave the country.

What can I do best? Seeming I already planned the wedding but I dont want to compromise it because I`m an international from the Netherlands.

Asked on 4/03/13, 2:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mercy Sequeira Law Office of Mercy Sequeira
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should be able to adjust status here if your spouse is an American citizen. However please have an attorney review all your status related issues. My offices handles family immigration cases. I can be reached at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 3:48 pm
Bill Klein Law Office of Bill Travis Klein
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with my colleague. Please remember that you can not do this unless you are married. It appears at this time that you are not married. I strongly recommend that you both talk to an Immigration Attorney before your marriage so the Attorney can walk you through the process.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 3:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now