Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Can I petition my wife in santa clara county but we live here in san francisco county?

Asked on 3/30/13, 1:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Jurisdiction will be determined based on the address you put on the forms.

If you live in SF, then you are going to have to use a SF address on the forms.

For a marriage case, you will be required to submit a plethora of joint documents with your current address on them, so I would not use a false or secondary address on the forms.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/13, 8:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88423 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Michelle ScopelliteGoldstein & Scopellite, PCTucson, AZ
Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now