Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

If u were brought to the us as a child and later on did the dreamers documentation but decided you want to go to ur country to live there is it still possible to one day obtain a tourist visa?

Asked on 8/19/13, 11:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I do not see why not, because if an I-817 application was filed for you (and approved) that only would have given you 2 years of legal presence (kind of like a visa, not like a greencard). Even if an I-130 petition was filed on your behalf years ago, it should have no effect on your current "intent".

However, if you have a parent or spouse who is a U.S. legal permanent resident or a U.S. citizen, then that would cause the Dept of State to possibly infer "immigrant intent" & thus could make it more difficult to obtain a B-2 visa in the future.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 9:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now