Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

If u were brought to the us as a child and later on did the dreamers documentation but decided you want to go to ur country to live there is it still possible to one day obtain a tourist visa?

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

I do not see why not, because if an I-817 application was filed for you (and approved) that only would have given you 2 years of legal presence (kind of like a visa, not like a greencard). Even if an I-130 petition was filed on your behalf years ago, it should have no effect on your current "intent".

However, if you have a parent or spouse who is a U.S. legal permanent resident or a U.S. citizen, then that would cause the Dept of State to possibly infer "immigrant intent" & thus could make it more difficult to obtain a B-2 visa in the future.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY