Legal Question in Employment Law in California

If my wife and I own a S-corporation in California and we are sued for wrongful termination, can we defend ourselves?

Asked on 7/11/13, 1:19 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A corporate entity must be represented by counsel.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 1:23 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. Corporations must be represented by licensed attorneys. Subchapter S status only affects tax treatment. In all other respects an S-Corp is the same as any other corporation.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 1:34 pm
Kristine Karila Law Office of Kristine S. Karila
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. The judge will require the corporation to be represented by an attorney because that is what the law requires. Call an employment law attorney to discuss the case. She/he may be able to help you resolve the matter in an efficient manner to avoid alot of legal fees. Many employment law attorneys offer a free initial phone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 1:58 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No you may not. If you would like a free consultation in this matter feel free to call my office at 818 345-0123. You should also check with your insurance agent as you may have coverage for this.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now