California  |  Legal Ethics

I am a sales person. I had been instructed by my manager (by email) to inform my clients regarding a certain company (our competitor) who claims their product is assembled locally, is in fact fully imported. This is to disqualify that product to be given priority due to the claim (that it is assembled locally).

I had send out emails to my clients quoting my manager's email by mentioning a certain officer in the ministry has confirmed with the competitor company that the product is not locally assembled.

I am not certain whether the statement is true or not. Should the statement is not true, will I face any charges from the officer in the ministry or the competitor company? Or should I not be worried because I am simply doing my job and my action was under my superior's instruction.

Answered on: 6/03/13, 7:29 am by Anthony Roach

This isn't a legal ethics question. This category is for people who have questions concerning the law and rules governing the practice of law by attorneys admitted to practice law in the State of California. This question is better suited for the business law category.

When you repost, I think you should explain how big your company is, such as a corporation (closely held), partnership, LLC, and any ownership interest you have in it, as I think it has a bearing on whether or not you would be named in any lawsuit.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311