California  |  Medical Malpractice

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/06/13, 4:31 am

Can I sue a Beverly Hills, CA surgeon for giving me Hepatitis C?

I am a US citizen, and I was offered a job teaching English at a university in Saudi Arabia. In order to qualify for my work visa, I had to complete an extremely detailed physical exam that found that I am in excellent health. About a week after that physical I had a surgery, I spent about two more weeks doing little other than bed-rest to recover from the surgery, and then I arrived in Saudi Arabia and they told me that I need to complete a minor physical here as well before I can have my work visa. I just received my blood test back, and they are saying that I tested positive for Hepatitis C. I haven't engaged in any high-risk activity whatsoever (mainly just bed rest) since my surgery, so the only way that I would have contracted the Hepatitis C is from that surgery.

In terms of damages, the ailment itself is obviously an issue, but it is possible that it will cost me my work visa, and therefore will cost me my university teaching job, which will damage my overall career, and will get me deported from Saudi Arabia back to the United States. Can I file a lawsuit against that Beverly Hills surgeon?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search