California  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/15/12, 2:26 pm


I live in southern california.

A few months back I had a car accident where I was hit by a car and pushed up against a side walk and hit an utility post that broke. Now my insurance only covered for 10,000 and the damages to the other car were 17,000. I paid the rest for the other car's damage but a couple of months go by and I get an Itemized receipt from Edison for the amount of 9,000 for replacing the utility post. I dont have any money left to pay anything and I cant get a loan. I talked to someone from edison electricity company and they said that they could work with me but I would have to pay within a year and after that they would have to go to court to rule a judgment against me. Does that mean i get sued? and if so do they add their legal fees to the 9 grand i already owe?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance


Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/15/12, 3:20 pm by Bryan Becker


Thanks for your question. Yes, it does mean that you would be sued. What I am curious about is why did your insurance company only cover $10,000? Surely your coverage was for more than that, right? Was there a finding of fault here? Regarding the Edison claim, you will need to look at your policy and see what the property damage coverage is, as that may be covered. With a $9,000 bill in play, it would be worth speaking with an attorney for a brief consultation. My instinct tells me you may not have been treated fairly by your insurance company (not surprising at all).

Feel free to contact my office.


Bryan Becker


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Becker Attorneys 1205 Prospect Street, Suite 400 La Jolla, CA 92037

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search