California  |  Sexual Harassment

my daughter dated a manager who was 31, she was 17. we ended it quickly after we found out. now 8 months later she is 18 and being questioned about the relationship. she feels very uncomfortable at work. people are treating her differently.

Answered on: 8/22/13, 5:53 pm by Terry A. Nelson

"Questioned"? That would imply the company is investigating the improper behavior of the manager. She is obligated to cooperate. But she is not supposed to be improperly retaliated against by the company.

IF she is being 'discriminated or harassed or retaliated against' by the manager 'because of her complaint of sexual harassment', or if there is a 'sexually hostile work environment' being created by the company, under the definitions of the civil rights laws, she may have a legal claim. If so, feel free to have her contact me to discuss the actual facts, evidence, etc.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648