California  |  Veterans Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/30/11, 8:55 pm

My father is a guerillas fighting alongside with the Americans during World War II. He was recognized with Philippine Veterans Affair Office with ID # V-10-007866. He also a member of USAFE, Is there a way that he can also recognized as American Veterans and avail its benefits. He is 86 yrs of age, still alive and here at United States. Can anybody please handle his case so advice us what to do. Thanks...

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/02/11, 4:04 pm by Harutiun Kassakhian

I would recommend that you consult with attorneys who specialize in veterans' affairs.

Congress was considering enacting H.R.210 - Filipino Veterans Fairness Act of 2011, that would amend Title 38 to allow Filipino fighters who fought for the USA to receive VA benefits.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Kassakhian Law Office 310 E. Mesa Ave. Gallup, NM 87301

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search