California  |  Wills and Trusts

I have been designated to receive the "papers" of a noted scholar. If "photos" were not specified does that mean they are excluded or included?

Answered on: 6/24/13, 7:36 am by John Palley

That is a very interesting question. My first instinct was to say that photos would not be included. However, I think an argument could be made that they are included if the photos are directly related to the work of the papers. That is, if he was a scientist and the photos supported the scientific studies detailed in the papers. If the Executor is not giving you the photos I would encourage you to hire an estate litigation attorney to pursue this. Good luck. -John Palley

Meissner, Joseph & Palley, Inc. 1555 River Park Drive, Suite 108 Sacramento, CA 95815

Answered on: 6/24/13, 12:28 pm by Victor Waid

I agree with previous counsel answer; maybe a beneficiary litigation attorney should be hired earlier to conduct the negotiation on your behalf rather than later to guide/assist you in determinig if photos do in fact exist, and prepare a stipulation acknowledging their receipt by you, including any release needed or required by the executor of the estate of the scholar.

Law Office of Victor Waid 777 Campus Commons Rd., Suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95825