Colorado  |  Immigration Law

N-400

I will apply for citizinship in few months. I attended a class about that and figured out that I did register and vote by mistake.The DMV made this mistake, where they registered me as a voter although I am not?. What can I do and what to say on the application asking these questions.

I didn't apply but I am asking what to do and what I should say on my application to be correct?. I did contact my county to ask them if they can cancel my registration because I voted twice by mistake and this was 4 years ago after my registration by 3 years.. Thanks

Answered on: 1/26/09, 12:05 am by Isabella Mayzel, Esq.

Re: N-400

The law says the following: as a Permanent Resident you can only vote in local and state elections that do not require you to be a US citizen. It is very important that you do not vote in national, state or local elections that require a voter to be a US citizen when you are not a US citizen. There are criminal penalties for voting when you are not a US citizen and it is a requirement for voting. You can be removed (deported) from the US if you vote in elections limited to US citizens.

Law Offices of Isabella Mayzel 468 Morris Avenue Springfield, NJ 07081