Legal Question in Immigration Law in Colorado

N-400

I will apply for citizinship in few months. I attended a class about that and figured out that I did register and vote by mistake.The DMV made this mistake, where they registered me as a voter although I am not?. What can I do and what to say on the application asking these questions.

I didn't apply but I am asking what to do and what I should say on my application to be correct?. I did contact my county to ask them if they can cancel my registration because I voted twice by mistake and this was 4 years ago after my registration by 3 years.. Thanks

Isabella Mayzel, Esq. Law Offices of Isabella Mayzel

Re: N-400

The law says the following: as a Permanent Resident you can only vote in local and state elections that do not require you to be a US citizen. It is very important that you do not vote in national, state or local elections that require a voter to be a US citizen when you are not a US citizen. There are criminal penalties for voting when you are not a US citizen and it is a requirement for voting. You can be removed (deported) from the US if you vote in elections limited to US citizens.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Colorado