Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Connecticut

I currently live on a private road. All the neighbors are in agreement that we would like to turn the road over to the town and make it a public road. The road was built to code but is not as wide and doesn't have curbs (which is similar to some public roads). When I approached the town to ask what we need to do to make it a public road they told us we couldn't and said once a private road always a private road. The road is a new subdivision and the builder chose to make it private. Only once I started building on it did I realize it was private. Just wondering if we could force the town to take ownership of the road and make it public.

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

I doubt it. It came that way and all of you bought into it. Why not all share in its maintenance. You atleast have some control over it.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Connecticut