Delaware  |  Immigration Law

I had concurrently filed for my mother's I130 and I485 about 5 months ago, I also applied I131 (advance parole) and received the approved document. Today I got a letter from USCIS that my mother's application is a potential interview waiver case and also mentioned that there's a delay of approx. 6 months in processing the case.

My mother would like to leave for a short time to go see my other sister in South America. In the light of current situation and with advance parole document is it ok for her to leave for a couple months?

Answered on: 9/08/13, 8:38 am by Rahul Manchanda, Esq.

It should be, provided that she has no criminal issues or overstays or other unknown quagmires that would somehow slow down or bog the smooth immigration process upon her return back to the USA. But the question is, is it worth the risk to leave before she received her permanent residency card? This is really a personal question and not a legal one.

Manchanda Law Offices & Associates PLLC 14 Wall Street, 20th Floor New York, NY 10005