District of Columbia  |  Legal Ethics

I work for the federal government. I am being required to commute 250 miles to my office to use my assign vehicle to do my job. I was intentionally hired to support a State government office that was 125 miles from my assigned government office. But my residence is in the same city as the State office I support and for seven years I was allowed to park the government vehicle at a State facility to use as needed. That changed 2.5 years ago and now I have to drive 125 miles to pick-up the vehicle before I can start my job each day. If I elect to use my personal vehicle instead, I am not being reimbursed even though the US government is benefitting (and saving substantial money) from me using my personal vehicle. I am essentially providing the government a free service. I have contacted my superiors, the IG, and my Congressional representative about the matter, but no one will even discuss the situation with me. There is a lot more that has transpired in the past 2.5 years. Do I have a case either against the USG or the supervisors that have created this nightmare situation for me?

Answered on: 9/24/13, 4:23 am by Daniel Press

Are you a member of a federal employees union? If so, they might be able to help.

Or re-post your question in a labor/employment law category. It does not relate to legal ethics (the ethical rules that govern lawyers.

Chung & Press, P.C. 6718 Whittier Ave., Suite 200 Mclean, VA 22101