Florida  |  Business Law

Setting up an online business

I am trying to help a friend get her clothing line off the ground and suggested she try selling her outfits online. I would like to know all the legal work that would have to be done in order for her to start a legitimate online business.

Answered on: 8/08/08, 1:49 pm by Joseph Seagle

Re: Setting up an online business

While this isn't a "legal" answer, I would suggest that you or your friend read a copy of the book, The 4-Hour Work Week (www.fourhourworkweek.com). This book touches on the legal issues of such a venture, but it does much more than that, providing extremely detailed logistical information on setting up just such a business.

Legally, she'll probably want to set up an LLC to be the business. She can do this at www.sunbiz.org, but I suggest that she consult an attorney to ensure that she makes the proper tax elections and that her operating agreement is comprehensive and provides her with the liability protection she seeks.

Joseph E Seagle PA 924 West Colonial Drive Orlando, FL 32804